Current Book Project

Finding Peace — Manuscript Post #14

Adult Child of an Alcoholic, ACoA, Borderline Personality Disorder, BPD, Finding Peace, One Patient's Journey, Therapy For the Adult Child of an Alcoholic
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 3:00 am   /   by   /   comments (0)

For details on this blog, please click here!

Thursday, September 11, 2008
I was tired from working late the day before so I napped in the morning. Lunch didn’t feel great. In the evening, while eating, sat down, felt nausea, weak and my chest was sore on the right side. I was coughing again.

Friday, September 12, 2008
I was tired and I had brief periods of worrying that I would feel bad. When I focused on something else the worry would pass. Working hard in the yard felt good.

Saturday, September 13, 2008
Decided to try to nap outside in the sun but I couldn’t fall asleep, I just rested.

Sunday, September 14, 2008
While I was driving my legs suddenly felt cold. This worried me. While we were shopping I felt strange, tired, nervous and the right side of my chest was sore again. My neck and shoulders were tender. Back at home, eating helped, but I felt like I was about to take an exam.

Monday, September 15, 2008
I felt very good all day.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008
I was very sleepy after lunch but otherwise it was a good day.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008
I felt good all day but my throat was sore and tender and my chest was sore sometimes.

Thursday, September 18, 2008
I don’t recall anything in particular so it must have been a good day.

Friday, September 19, 2008
At lunch I felt very excited, for no reason. The rest of the day I felt normal.

Saturday, September 20, 2008
I was very tired in the late morning but I had worked until midnight the night before.

Sunday, September 21, 2008
I was at a work related conference all day in San Francisco. I felt fine, no issues.

Monday, September 22, 2008
There was stress at work but I felt normal.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008
I took a certification exam today and was very stressed. I felt very tired but nothing bad.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008
I felt great until the evening and then I was very tired and my chest was sore on the right side.

Thursday, September 25, 2008
I felt tired while we were out to dinner. It passed in about an hour.

Friday/Saturday, September 26/27, 2008
I felt normal and I rested in the middle of the day. I try to rest every day in the backyard in the sun.

Sunday, September 28, 2008
I volunteered all day at my son’s high school. After standing for thirty minutes I had to lean against something but no other problems.

Monday, September 29, 2008
I was fine until bedtime when I was very tense, my chest was sore and my throat was sensitive.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008
I feel slightly off-balance for a minute or two during the day. This happens most days.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008
I napped at lunch. In the evening, while eating, I was suddenly very warm and then it faded.

Thursday, October 2, 2008
Nothing happened today.

Friday, October 3, 2008
I felt normal all day. About 9PM I was suddenly hot, my pulse was elevated and I was very tired. I felt out of breath and had to consciously breath in before I could talk.

Saturday thru Tuesday, October 4 thru 7, 2008
Nothing happened all day each of these days.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Some symptoms keep coming up. I feel slightly off-balance for a minute or two several times during the day. I feel a soreness or tenderness at the base of my throat.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008
My symptoms continue but much reduced. They come and go. When I am focused on anything else I don’t have symptoms at all. For example, when I’m driving, at work or volunteering.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I was very weak and lying down made it worse. I feel sore in my chest and it moves to my neck to my shoulders to my throat. I wonder if this is all stress related.

Monday, November 10, 2008
During the previous three days I worked thirty-six hours with no sleep. Around 9PM tonight I was suddenly very warm and the right side of my chest was sore and heavy. These symptoms were gone about an hour later.

Saturday, November 15, 2008
I volunteered from 8am to 11pm but no symptoms.

Sunday, November 16, 2008
I was very tired.

Monday, November 17, 2008
I was a little off-balance all day and I’m still feeling tired.

During this time it became clear to me that I wasn’t getting any better so I decided to make another appointment with Dr. Sue. This next appointment would be November 18, 2008, just about ten weeks since my previous appointment. Ten weeks seemed like plenty of time to see if things would get better.

–Document the 4 symptoms

I had taken notes describing what I had experienced since the onset of symptoms. As I experienced them I saw that four distinct symptoms appeared. I knew that I would need to describe my symptoms to Dr. Sue during my next appointment. I also wanted to track which symptoms occurred, how often and how intense they were as time went along. At this point, I was worried that my situation would get worse. My training is that you must obtain as much data as possible to have the best chance of detecting patterns and finding meaning in the data.

Comments (0)

write a comment

Name E-mail Website